Williams & Jensen has been involved in nearly every major Federal health care initiative in the last two and a half decades, and has extensive experience representing clients before most sources of Federal health care law and policy. These include Congress, the White House, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Food and Drug Administration, the Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, Medicare contractors, the Provider Reimbursement Review Board, and numerous health care advisory panels and commissions.
On a regular basis, we keep business clients apprised of legislative, regulatory, and judicial health care developments that could affect their interests. We also have participated in litigation challenging various actions by regulatory agencies.
Health care policy has become increasingly relevant to an ever-wider range of organizations. Williams & Jensen's diverse health care clientele includes health insurance and managed care organizations; pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and genetic engineering companies;and Medicare and Medicaid providers and suppliers.
Representative issues on which we have worked include:
- Coverage and payment for drugs and biologicals by Medicare, Medicaid, the Department of Defense, and the Veterans Administration
- Health insurance, Medigap, and managed care reform
- Congressional oversight investigations of hospitals, insurance firms, and pharmaceutical companies
- Modernization of the Food and Drug Administration and revisions in the Hatch-Waxman Act
- Bioterrorism initiatives
- Health care appropriations